Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Dec 4th 2012 - Jan 6th 2013 I have spent just over a month at the eco community and it has been an amazing experience
Thank you so much to both the other volunteers and the local Sri Lankans for making me feel so welcome and at home. My time here has been filed with good memories, great fruit salads, crepes, curry and a lot of laughter. I have learnt many things both about farming and life from you all. The parties and Karam time were great times and watching the locals working tirelessly to turn their vision into reality was inspiring. Chaminda, I know you want a critique but I'm not sure what to say. I think my time here has not been typical as we have had so many volunteers and so much rain. As the others have said it would be great to have your vision in writing just so we can understand your drive more. I think it is important also that when you have many volunteers you use them all efficiently. There ware too many times when a few people would be watching rather than having a job to do.
Wish you and the community all the best for the future. I am sure you will do amazing things. To the volunteers, hopefully I see you in Austria!

Suzi, New Zealand

No comments:

Post a Comment