Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Feb 25th - April 29th 2012, Hmmm where to start. Its finally my turn to write
something in the book and I don't know how to begin. I arrived here 9 weeks ago from India having spent 6 month in Auroville. I didn't know what to expect or what I would find when I arrived. But wow this place is so beautiful and peaceful. So much has happened  here since Feb, Things have developed, progressed and grown. Chickens have multiplied by the thousands, cows have had calves, milk quantity has gone up, buildings and huts have popped up all over the place and vegetation has flourished.
Thank you Chaminda for having me here. I have learnt a lot from watching and observing the intensity that you work. i admire hugely your work capacity and drive to make things happen. I din't know where you find the energy all the time. Hopefully as things balance out and settle there will be time for you to relax a little. I look forward to keeping in contact and helping out in any way that I can with the project over in England.
Thank you Aiya for being such a good kind man. Again I learnt so much from you just by simply observing the way you work, the way you perform. Everything is always given the up-most care and attention - even if its just sweeping the floor or cutting an onion. A real friend you became over the last 9 weeks - A friend of few words but a smile that speaks a thousand languages. I will miss you.
Many challenges also. Ethics on animal care, cultural differences, communication. But these are all things for me to work through now. These are all gifts to learn from . But now what an experience to be here in the stunning countryside surrounded by so much beauty and opportuitys. A truly authentic and magical time I have had and hope that others who come will experience the same.
Goodbye team Eco Community !!

LOVE SAM (England)

No comments:

Post a Comment