Wednesday, October 16, 2013

July 12th-26th 2012, I had an incredible time here on the farm these last few weeks!
I am amazed by how you have a created a community of hard work and wonderful people in only a few short years. I have learned so much being here, from goat herding to stake making to simply how to get a chicken out of the kitchen! Not that the chickens were always successful … Not to mention how incredible Mala's cooking is! I will go home dreaming of her coconut symbol and mango curry. The people that have guttered here to work on all, amazing people who despite a language barrier, were constantly making me laugh and helping me to feel welcome. I hope they liked the s'mores! (Don't forget Chamindar biscuits, chocolate and marshmallows).
My favorite moments were those when we're just sitting around the kitchen just talking and playing with the yuppies (who I really just want to bring home with me). I am so sad to be leaving this place, I can hardly imagine my life anymore without the constant presence of baby animals, fresh picked fruit and the most beautiful sceresy imaginable.
Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to be a part of this, it has been an incredible experience!
Good Luck!
Alex, USA


P.S. watch out for snakes + scorpions! 

No comments:

Post a Comment