Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Oct 14th 2012, My 2 week stay here was far too short as I guessed it would be
So much to do, su much to learn. It was exactly what I needed after a hectic 6 week race around Sri Lanka - to feel part of something, to contribute something, to enjoy, real, non-tourist, home cooking. Thank you sooo much Mala and Sytire for all the love and effort you put into the meals I enjoyed. (And thank you for teaching me how to grind coconuts!).
I ate vegetables I've never even seen before and learned how to make pol symbol, how to prepare wild mushrooms and how to peel without a peeler : )
I had the opportunity to learn how these wonderful structures are built after helping with the new cow shed and Sytire and Aiya's new house and how to make and apply mud plaster, which I LOVED!
I was happy the little duck chicks hatched while I was here and the very entertaining kittens, Sooty and Sweep arrived. Long may the prosper. I enjoyed the playfulness of the puppies, adored the goats, fell in love with the turkeys. Chaminda, you taught me so much about the chickens and turkeys and answered all my questions so patiently - a massive thank-you! : )
I enjoyed the laughs in the kitchen and really welcomed the opportunity to share some permaculture knowledge and ideas.
I was really happy to meet Chris and Jack, both volunteers inspired me in different ways. Thank you everyone for making me so welcome in your home.
Much love,

Stephanie (Northern Ireland), stephaniegarvin@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment