Monday, October 7, 2013

Feedback 03/05/2012

Chaminda-
I love this place. I want to return next year with my friend who would be more helpful than I am. You are doing a great job managing so many people and projects all the time. I know your job is not easy. But you are really good at it and it shows in the progress you made and the people who come back here year after year. Here are a few things to consider:

I Communication
Please tell Danushka to inform people coming to the farm to bring a mosquito net, bed sheet and that there is no electricity and to bring a water purifier. I know you talk about these things on the website but a reminder would be good. These bare necessities are a shock to some visitors.

2 Fruit
I cannot imagine a diet without fruit. Fruit gives pure energy to the body. Heavy foods like rice&coconut take away a lot of energy to digest for us westerners who don't eat these foods back home. And rice&coconut 3 times a day - very difficult to keep working hard. I'm sure when your fruit trees harvest you will provide a simple fruit and egg option for Wests in the morning time.

3 Guidance
It would be great to have a big board or huge paper posted on the wall out side with a list of things to be done this week so we can all stay busy and work on the one that suits us. We wouldn't have to wait for you to tell us and you could leave town knowing we are working on these things.

Chaminda this is not an Eco Community and it is not an organic farm. Your chickens are in cages even though you have so much land they could run around and eat whatever they want and be healthier. You are controlling their feed and this is not organic.
But htis IS a FARM and a beautiful one that I really enjoyed being in. I wish there was a way you could have free range chickens.

That's all, Thank you for a wonderful opportunity
Cara
anachronistik@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment